Thursday, September 25, 2008

What's your favourite time of day?


Morning - at least for the scenery, and the sense of capturing the wholeness of a day.

Back when I was studying, I used to get up around 4.30am on a college day, cycle about 30-40kms, and then head off to Sydney.

There was nothing exhilarating about getting out of bed at that hour, but it was a great time to be on the bike, knowing that you were going to squeeze every drop out of that day - and crash at bed time.

Some of my trips, especially to the ACT, have taken me through some stunning morning scenery. You drive back through later in the day, and think 'Ho-hum' - it's not half as captivating as it is in the early morning light and fog.

Early morning is also the time for coffee - first one of the day (I guess I know how the smokers feel). Downside: it's also the time for screaming children who don't want to eat breakfast.

What's your favourite time of the day? Why?

1 comment:

Cara said...

No prizes for guessing what mine is... after 7pm of course when all is quiet and the boys are in bed!